You may not realise it, but drug abuse is one of the most prolific and virulent problems plaguing modern society. We’ve put together an infographic containing some statistics that you may find shocking; for example, did you know that around one third of adults in the UK have taken drugs at some point in their life? Even though these stats might not be directly connected to the South African market it is plain to see that drug abuse is a huge international crisis.
Faith based rehab vs secular rehab
If you need further proof that faith based rehabilitation really works then let’s look at the facts. A study conducted on New York prisoners found that:
- 14% of those who took part in the faith based programme were rearrested within a year of being released from prison.
- 41% of those who did not take part in the faith based program were rearrested withing a year of their release from prison.
The Bible teaches us that having faith in Jesus leads to a person being ‘reborn’ with a new mind and a new nature. Old habits are broken, the mind is empowered to prevent against relapse, and the patient is successfully rehabilitated back into society, knowing that their faith in Jesus will guide them to a happy and fulfilled life without drugs.
Take a look at the infographic below, you may be surprised by some of the substance abuse statistics. Whether you’re addicted to drugs or alcohol, or worried about a loved one, help is available; contact us to find out more.
For those who do find themselves physically and mentally dependent on a substance, all is not lost. There are a variety of different ways in which drug addicts can be rehabilitated:
- Allopathic Therapy: Medication is prescribed to wean the patient off the drugs, but what if the patient ends up becoming dependent on the substance that should be curing them?
- Psychotherapy: Behavioural therapy, psychoanalysis, and hypnotherapy, among others, are used to unravel the psychological pain associated with substance abuse, so why do so many patients relapse?
- Faith based rehabilitation: At House Regeneration we believe that in order to overcome addiction it is important to undertake spiritual reflection and address where your beliefs and values come from.